Help with JPEG Stego app?

Moritz moritz at headstrong.de
Mon Sep 2 21:38:57 PDT 2013

On 09/02/2013 08:04 PM, Romana Machado wrote:

> I've decided to upgrade my project, Stego, conceived as  an easy-to-use,
> near-universally available, maximally browser compliant, message PGP
> encrypted, steganography web app, to encode JPEGs, the most universal
> image format today (in cell phone cameras, and all over the web).

Cool. You might be interested in my GSoC project, the "Steganography
Browser (Extension)". Our student could definitely use help, it would be
a shame to not join efforts.

So far, he's been concentrating on the UI parts. Recently, he added
SJCL. We've been holding back on including any steganography library,
but the design should allow to plug-in libraries flexibly for varying
content types.

https://github.com/rharishan/Steganography-Browser
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2013-May/004939.html

#tor-stego on irc.oftc.net

It would be great to receive a review and a hand in guiding the student;
we are two mentors, but we both don't have much time. :-(

--Mo