Safest exit country?

Bernard Tyers - ei8fdb ei8fdb@ei8fdb.org
Tue Sep 3 15:12:57 PDT 2013

Two parts:

1.
Requirement: Minimise the possibility of surveillance at egress point.

Surveillance of the wire between my country X and the egress country Z is not a concern. (NB: It is a concern, but not taken into account in this thought experiment)

Question: If I was able to choose which country to route my IP traffic through and have act as my egress point to "the Internet public" which country would I choose?

2. Question: Is Iceland as safe as people think? Safe is defined as a location where surveillance and monitoring is minimal/non-existent.

My answer: No.

Thanks,
Bernard
Bernard / bluboxthief / ei8fdb