[cryptome] how embassy eavesdropping works

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Mon Oct 28 09:51:50 PDT 2013

Kelly John Rose:
> I'll understand if you don't answer, but I have to ask.
>
> Have you forwarded him a large chunk of the package so he can see if
> there is something really big in there? or has your group been feeding
> him only the documents you want to feed him?

Huh? There are a lot of assumptions in your statement that are totally
off base. I speak for myself - not some undefined group that you're
referencing.

I work very openly with Duncan about everything I've seen, heard or have
evidence to substantiate. Duncan is a personal friend and frankly, an
inspiration. I don't 'feed' him anything - I work with him in any
capacity that we're able to make happen. The largest problem working
with Duncan is that I don't feel safe traveling to the UK. Their
extremely heavy handed government policies that attempt to suppress the
press are out of control.

There are many important stories in the works. You may enjoy our latest
story which is the seed for the front page story of nearly every single
German language paper:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/cover-story-how-nsa-spied-on-merkel-cell-phone-from-berlin-embassy-a-930205.html

I plan to work with Duncan on many stories in the future - he is a
pleasure to work with and he is brilliant. He is also kind - something a
lot of folks tend to lack as a quality.

All the best,
Jacob