Another Snowden News Story. Another Lesson in Proper Whistleblowing.

Mike Gogulski mike at gogulski.com
Sun Oct 27 14:25:10 PDT 2013

On 10/27/2013 05:24 PM, Jacob Appelbaum wrote:
> coderman:
>> Don’t be like Chelsea Manning and Wikileaks, that is, indiscriminate,
>> reckless and dangerous to both national security and human life...
> This is total horse shit. It is completely inaccurate and completely
> insulting to Manning, WikiLeaks and many many others.

A bit of mis-cue here, Jacob. Coderman is quoting Tarzie's post
(http://ohtarzie.wordpress.com/2013/10/25/another-snowden-news-story-another-lesson-in-proper-whistleblowing/).
It criticizes *Greenwald* for implying, repeatedly, that whereas Edward
Snowden, he, Laura Poitras, and the rest are being "responsible" by
holding back and/or redacting 98+% of the NSA material, Manning and
WikiLeaks were irresponsible.

Thank goodness we've got good, proper gatekeepers on this one, with
stellar liberal credentials and the civic spirit to withhold what we
need to have withheld from us, drip-feed us heavily-redacted tidbits to
"encourage debate" about how best to send the criminal Anglo-American
Empire to its room with no supper, and no doubt round-file the rest.

Peace,
Mike