[Cryptography] programable computers inside our computers

=JeffH Jeff.Hodges at KingsMountain.com
Fri Oct 25 13:30:07 PDT 2013

Quoting Viktor Dukhovni (2013-10-22 06:50:38)
> I am much more concerned about the proliferation of miniature programmable
> computers inside our computers (CPUs and programmable firmware in disk
> controllers, battery controllers, BMC controllers, with opaque binary firmware
> update blobs, and complex supply chains) that about secp256r1 vs secp521r1.
>
> We thought embedded devices were for physical infrastructure
> engineers to worry about, but now they are proliferating inside
> our general purpose computers.  The next Stuxnet will run on one
> of the invisible computers inside your computer.

E.g.:

Dragos Ruiu: More on my ongoing chase of #badBIOS malware.
https://plus.google.com/103470457057356043365/posts/9fyh5R9v2Ga

#badBIOS on G+
https://plus.google.com/u/0/s/%23badBIOS

#BADBIOS (AND LOTSA PARANOIA, PLUS FIREWORKS)
http://kabelmast.wordpress.com/2013/10/23/badbios-and-lotsa-paranoia-plus-fireworks/

Persistent BIOS malware with hypervisor and SDR found

---
end