[liberationtech] the virtual revolution in Second Life -- virtual model or just more RL?

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 12:45:56 PDT 2013

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 7:24 AM, Andrea Shepard
<andrea at persephoneslair.org> wrote:
> Geez, sounds like things have taken a turn for the worse at LL since I worked
> there. :/
> to it, the SL server logged the full text of all chat even in its production
> I think it's clear that the current management
> of <corps> are very decidedly *not* on the side of freedom, although I think the
> *engineers* there mostly are.

This is true of lots of places. Thanks for speaking up / opining re some
elements of this one.

> Creators are leaving SL in droves for alternate open source grids.

Seems we're rapidly approaching the point where open models will
be taking the lead. Funding open things is hard but even that is now
being figured out with its own models too.