SRF: crypticl

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 18:11:25 PDT 2013

On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 8:24 PM, James A. Donald <jamesd at echeque.com> wrote:
> Laws and regulations have been expanding exponentially...
> I get the impression that the rate of increase is itself increasing...
>
> Is there any way to find the total amount of legislation in each year?

some limited progress via "open data":
 http://sunlightfoundation.com/policy/opendatamap/

however, this should be tempered with appropriate caution:
"Six Degrees of Omidyar"
http://tomslee.net/2013/09/six-degrees-of-omidyar.html
  who will surely show up in any Open Data effort making progress...
(heh)

i have found these services useful in the past for observing
legislative momentum across various subjects, across various
municipalities, states, federal chambers,
  and also useful in tracing origins.

mostly though, more knowledge in these domains leads to more
despondency, depression.  (outrage i have discovered, is in finite
supply)