Browser fingerprinting

J.A. Terranson measl at mfn.org
Sat Oct 19 16:02:07 PDT 2013

On Sat, 19 Oct 2013, Moon Jones wrote:

> On 14.10.2013 16:55, Griffin Boyce wrote:
> >    In addition to the other great recommendations, I'd highly recommend
> > blocking Flash if you're concerned about privacy.  Not only do flash
> > cookies persist longer / are hard to block / are harder to remove, but
> > it's easy to fingerprint someone via a tiny bit of flash.  Flash is also
> > enabled by default on Google Chrome, so check out FlashBlock [2]. It
> > also offers more granularity in case you like gaming :D
>
> Flash is proprietary. Meaning licensing problems with the media.
>
> Flash is closed source. Meaning it can contain anything. See the latest talk
> about DLink routers.

<Snip: remainder of good list>

For mozilla users, the NoScript" plugin is like having a helping hand from
god (on her days off): It's super easy to use, highly rffrctive, and
throughput neutral.

//Alif

--
Those who make peaceful change impossible,
make violent revolution inevitable.

An American Spring is coming:
   one way or another.