HTML List Abuse (was: "please ignore: this is only a test")

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 03:00:00 PDT 2013

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 5:40 PM, Mob <mob at mbox301.swipnet.se> wrote:
> Also, if you don't want to miss anything, you are probably subscribing to
> the cypherpunks, cryptography at randombits, cryptography at metzdowd and
> cryptopolitics (low volume at the moment) lists, often receiving a hundred
> postings every day, or more. Including doubles and triples reposted by
> Eugene Leitl. To scan these postings with the quick-browse/delete-method
> (3-4 posts a second) is significantly, irritatingly slower if you have to
> wait for the fractions of a second that the HTML needs to load.

Didn't mean to call out brian specificaly, just wow, that's a lot of text to
digest, and on and on. Maybe I just missed the summary post somewhere
so as to killfile it or not. Similar might be said for Eugen's forwarding... a
good crosspollination service to be sure. But many of us are already on all
these lists. So we get flooded out with stuf we've already seen and the
threading get all screwed to shit. Heck for my part I go months without
saying anything useful lately. so happy posting all :)