Bitcoin mining efficiency and Botnets

Lodewijk andré de la porte l at odewijk.nl
Tue Oct 15 04:13:27 PDT 2013

2013/10/15 Cathal Garvey <cathalgarvey at cathalgarvey.me>

> People focus too much on the "profit" miners make, and not the
> verifiability and anarchism they are supposed to be providing to the
> bitcoin network. In that regard, arguably the most important, bitcoin
> has already failed entirely.

This was by design.

Reg. CPU coin: it gives intense advantages to botnet owners and doesn't
require people to be heavily vested into Bitcoin. It would also allow web
companies to fix their server's low CPU occupancy. I'm not sure you'd
achieve anything you'd like to achieve.

The CPU algorithm itself is most troublesome. Remember it must also have no
parallel equivalent, and stand the torn of time turning present day CPUs
into next day GPU cores. (See also: Bulldozer)