[cPUNK-BOX] : Re: who are the service operators here?

Tomas Overdrive Petru tpetru at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 09:33:08 PDT 2013

I'm using Tails inside virtual boxes only, because there is almost zero
possibility of local data theft or local attack in my case, much more
problematic is "Open Internet".
So I think they are too much paranoid for my purpose and could be good
idea to try to discuss it with them. Even I like design of Liberte Linux
more [smaller, faster, same amount of tools, encrypted filestystem
usable even under Windows...].

But we seems to be little bit OT, better to return back to question:

what server application to run these days for
self-suficient-anarcho-cPUNK-box.

I think people from FreedomBox thread & Tor thread should be able to
answer us best.

Btw I see FreedomBox as unusable overkill, but it is just my IMHO.
Too much crypto* == no usability for everyday purposes [which is
basically exactly, why I'm reading this mailing list and doing wiki].
We must count with users as my mother is. She is able to encrypt/sign
e-mail with Enigmail and use OTR and TrueCrypt... that is good example,
where all of this should lead on user level.
e.g. Pidgin + OTR plugin, Thunderbird + Enigmail, Ubuntu -- good user
experience, not really much ponts, where even my Mother "can do it
completely wrong" ... it is Facebook century, even most stupid or
non-techie from primary school are on netz. Nobody cares about mailing
lists and bbses anymore. Time to do it completely transparent [really
gr8 job Enigmail !!!] --> Tails is killing itself because crypto*
overkill even on web now

[even I understand it could be good to have complex, it should not be
default... propaganda and education should not kill usability, even it
IS fu*ng important]

Smart aPUNK study and is able to configure server, but does not
understand elliptic curves on math level. Still MUCH better to
understand concepts and be able to run it relatively fast and secure,
than undrstand math and not 2 be able to do revolution, eh?

have an ice day,
~ Over

--
“Borders I have never seen one. But I have heard they exist in the minds of some people.”
  ―     Thor Heyerdahl

www...................http://overdrive.a-nihil.net
CellPhone.............00420-721-007-507
twitter...............https://twitter.com/#!/idoru23
GoogleTalk/Jabber.....tpetru at gmail.com
blog..................http://d8ofh8.blogspot.com
last.fm...............http://www.last.fm/user/overdrive23
GnuPG public key......http://overdrive.a-nihil.net/overdrive.txt
GnuPG key FingerPrint.072C C0AD 88EF F681 5E52 5329 8483 4860 6E19 949D