[GnuPG] : Question - collective entity key management

Cathal Garvey cathalgarvey at cathalgarvey.me
Thu Oct 10 09:01:18 PDT 2013

Have a server with a master key that decrypts incoming mail,
re-encrypts with board members' individual subkeys?

If it *has* to be the same email account, does it support IMAP? If so,
IMAP behaves like a folder; you can take stuff out, and put it back in
again. A Python script could be written to scan over new mail, remove
"master key" mail and deposit "subkey-re-encrypted" mail. When members
access the mail, it will usually have been accessed, re-encrypted and
replaced with one they can decrypt. If not, they'll have to wait a few
minutes and try again.