NSA data centre power surges & unknowns...

Lodewijk andré de la porte l at odewijk.nl
Thu Oct 10 01:24:36 PDT 2013

2013/10/10 Bill Stewart <bill.stewart at pobox.com>

> I think they've bought themselves a lot of cheap-ass electrical work, done
> by people who assume that
> scaling up power requirements for a conventional data center by a factor
> of 10-100 doesn't change the principles.

Most reasonable explanation yet. More reasonable than a secret large-enough
quantum computer. But I continue to suspect they have one more well hidden.
This has the level of "secret that people that "know a lot" know". It kind
of satisfies our need to know about secret stuff the government does. The
actually secret stuff, well, don't you wish we knew.