legal game-theory, case for smart-contracts & snow crash (Re: <nettime> A CEO who resisted NSA spying is out of prison.)

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 00:54:39 PDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 11:20 PM, coderman <coderman at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 8:00 PM, Jim Bell <jamesdbell8 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> ... they are in large part why I have absolutely no confidence at all that
>> the ... system has any hope of being repaired, except
>> perhaps by AP or 'denial of disservice attack' methods.
>
> Jim, you're preaching to the choir.

Aye, lest any be unfamiliar with history... once systems begin engaging
in self protection, there is little hope in repair, ever. At that
point, only the
fight has meaning, and keeps the fighters going, until, one day, they
tear down that wall and step through to start anew, that noble cause
which compelled them to fight. No one's words here, but those of history.
Perhaps one day history will break from its well worn pattern of renewal
and begin to record a novel continuum. An interesting day that will be.