[Bitcoin-development] Payment protocol for onion URLs.

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Mon Oct 28 13:50:15 PDT 2013

On 2013-10-28 23:21, Mike Hearn wrote:
> By the way, the evidence from the Snowden case rather reinforces the
> strength of the CA system. Did we see stories about bulk usage of fake
> certificates? No.

The problem with the CA system is not so much governments getting at it,
as that client certificates are user hostile, and x.509 namespace
confusing and misleading.

If banks have their name space messed up, what chance do ordinary users
have?

You are going to need servers that curate reputational information.  Let
them name the public keys.