Browser fingerprinting

Griffin Boyce griffin at cryptolab.net
Sun Oct 20 19:15:06 PDT 2013

Moon Jones wrote:
> Griffin Boyce wrote:
>> [flash bad, flash gaming awesome]
>
> Are you sure these aren't enough reasons to remove any trace of it on
> a system you own?

  For me, no, because I enjoy using flash to play games and look at art
projects.  One can use a VM for gaming if they really want to, but I
choose not to.  The trade-offs for me are performance, hassle, and the
fact that virtualbox won't run on my machine.

  It's probably a bit off-topic, but in the next couple of months I plan
to get a dedicated Windows machine that is used only for testing and
gaming.  Lots of games have questionable components (flash-based and
otherwise).  Getting another machine the ultimate sandbox.  But you've
got to weigh cost, necessity, and (frankly) relative interest.  If I
didn't *also* need one for Windows development, I wouldn't bother with it.

best,
Griffin

--
"Cypherpunks write code not flame wars." --Jurre van Bergen
#Foucault / PGP: 0xAE792C97 / OTR: saint at jabber.ccc.de

My posts are my own, not my employer's.