HTML List Abuse (was: "please ignore: this is only a test")

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sat Oct 19 07:22:01 PDT 2013

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 11:40:19PM +0200, Mob wrote:

> Also, if you don't want to miss anything, you are probably
> subscribing to the cypherpunks, cryptography at randombits,
> cryptography at metzdowd and cryptopolitics (low volume at the moment)
> lists, often receiving a hundred postings every day, or more.
> Including doubles and triples reposted by Eugene Leitl. To scan

I'm highly sympathetic to your plight, and suggest the
following solution: install a procmail recipe to filter
out dupes with the same message ID (e.g. <5261AAC3.6050102 at mbox301.swipnet.se>
in case of the mail I'm replying to) and/or matching Resent-Message-ID: with
leitl.org behind it.

http://help.cs.umn.edu/email/procmail