HTML List Abuse (was: "please ignore: this is only a test")

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 03:31:51 PDT 2013

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 5:02 AM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 10:47:08PM -0500, brian carroll wrote:
>
>>  so you're saying the person is reading this
>>  on a two-line 80s electronic pager then?
>
> You can assume that people who care know this, so
> text-only correlates with old hands and/or high clue.

There's the gmail webmail abomination. Then there's
stuff your schizo friends use to really process mail...
http://notmuchmail.org/notmuch-mutt/

Yes, you can fork binary attachments off to a rendering
app... that's fine. That utility aside, I've never personally
seen an html mail that added anything useful over a text
version of same and it just makes life with mail harder.
80's pager? No. 80x25 console (xterm), portable device,
etc... perhaps.