Curious RNG stalemate [was: use of cpunks]

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 01:17:13 PDT 2013

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 12:54 AM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:
> We do not want a dinky little entropy drip. We want a
> regular firehose.

entropy firehose: 4 x 1.0Ghz Padlock engines with 2 physical noise
sources per core (8 total)
  http://store.viatech.com/protected/product/frontProductDetail.action?id=9680

depending on MSR configuration, number of sources contributing, type
of rngdaemon processing, you can achieve 8 to 400Mbps of high quality,
high assurance, high density entropy.

plenty of random for your off-line key generation needs, local network
entropy distribution, virtio supply for guest VMs, unlimited source
for full disk encryption initialization, high volume session
establishment and network services, and any number of other concurrent
uses.

i have yet to max out a source this prolific in any reasonable
(non-bench mark) scenario.

this is just my favorite. there are lots of options if you look around
far enough, and expend enough effort to interface with.

and of course you can always build you own. there are plenty of
interesting options discussed in various Cryptographic Hardware and
Embedded Systems proceedings and other published texts...