Bitcoin mining efficiency and Botnets

Softy softservant at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 04:33:54 PDT 2013

I hope others point this out, the cost of gold ( nor any other commodity )
is so simplisticly tied to the price of production.

Without doing any googling for specific numbers:
- the price rise of gold in the past decade.
- is the production costs of mining gold getting more or less expensive?

alright ... here are some numbers:
total cost of production example: 670 per ounce
need I quote the current price of gold per ounce?  Note, that AISC is just
one regions cost - others are plus or minus a hundred or so.

http://www.trefis.com/stock/abx/articles/206888/an-analysis-of-barrick-golds-two-most-important-mines/2013-09-24

​and in pretty pictures:
http://www.visualcapitalist.com/what-is-the-cost-of-mining-gold
​

​It is the 'other factors' of commodities which drive prices.  Biggest is
the cartel which controls that particular commodity - think diamonds for
easy picture, Read about Libor, ISD etc:
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/everything-is-rigged-the-biggest-financial-scandal-yet-20130425

​-daniel