who are the service operators here?

J.A. Terranson measl at mfn.org
Wed Oct 9 13:58:26 PDT 2013

<SNIP>
> In another vein, what ops do you think a self-sufficient punk ought to be running? I'm thinking I absolutely need:
> - Tor endpoint
<SNIP>

A word of caution: I have run both a high throughput remailer, and a
low-bandwidth (3mb) TOR exit node, both in the early through mid aughts.
If you are serious, you need to get you legal house in order, as you will
be spending a fair bit of your time with the feebies.  Make sure you have
an attorney who reallyunderstands what you are doing, and make sure s/he's
got a hefty retainer ($5,000.00 seemed to be about right). Also, and most
importantly, make sure this legal beagle is willing to both give you their
direct cellphone/pager #, but that they are willing to actually drop
everything and go get your ass out of the pokey at 03:00! And yes,
03:00-06:00 really is the favorite "raid time" for a certain testosterone
addled federal police agency.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying don't do it: I think *everyone* should,
at least for a years or so, for a variety of technical, political, and
other reasons.  But you *cannot* go in unprepared!

//Alif

--
Those who make peaceful change impossible,
make violent revolution inevitable.

An American Spring is coming:
   one way or another.