NSA UTAH data center

Joseph Holsten joseph at josephholsten.com
Wed Oct 9 03:24:13 PDT 2013

Due diligence for datacenters is hard. Power and network claims are easy to make on paper. It's easy to just pay for equinix or supernap, but how do you prove you can actually handle their reqs when competitive bidding doesn't involve setting up a proof of concept install and load test? Much less prove QoS or response time or other things that you can't possibly compare on paper. Though I imagine the fort's ability to vet SLAs in contracts and enforce those clauses is way beyond most legal entities.