HTML'ed mail

Travis Biehn tbiehn at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 14:56:06 PDT 2013

On Oct 7, 2013 9:28 AM, "David" <wb8foz at nrk.com> wrote:

> On 10/4/13 8:46 PM, dan at geer.org wrote:
>
>> I find the constant appearance of HTML e-mail here to
>> be surprising.  HTML improves nothing and adds risk.
>> Why not have the mailing list censored down to ASCII?
>

> Agreed. Although I would use the work "refined" not censored.
>
> Interestingly, Yahoo lists did an excellent job of stripping out such
crapola and serving up useful ASCII. The other commercial mailing list
services [Google, etc] don't offer it at all AFAIK.

> But Yahoo has been "improving" things... they call it NEO. As part of a
larger disaster, they have removed that feature.

> <https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups>
Thanks for creating a new thread.
This isn't the mailing lists job; it is your clients job.
If you don't want to see HTML email then use a client that can't / won't
interpret it.