[liberationtech] As F.B.I. Pursued Snowden, an E-Mail Service Stood Firm

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sun Oct 6 05:45:19 PDT 2013

----- Forwarded message from Michael Allan <mike at zelea.com> -----

Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 17:25:51 -0400
From: Michael Allan <mike at zelea.com>
To: Liberationtech <liberationtech at lists.stanford.edu>
Subject: [liberationtech] As F.B.I. Pursued Snowden, an E-Mail Service Stood Firm

DALLAS — One day last May, Ladar Levison returned home to find an
F.B.I. agent’s business card on his Dallas doorstep. So began a
four-month tangle with law enforcement officials that would end with
Mr. Levison’s shutting the business he had spent a decade building and
becoming an unlikely hero of privacy advocates in their escalating
battle with the government over Internet security.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/03/us/snowdens-e-mail-provider-discusses-pressure-from-fbi-to-disclose-data.html?pagewanted=all
--
Liberationtech is public & archives are searchable on Google. Violations of list guidelines will get you moderated: https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/liberationtech. Unsubscribe, change to digest, or change password by emailing moderator at companys at stanford.edu.

----- End forwarded message -----