<nettime> A CEO who resisted NSA spying is out of prison.

Adam Back adam at cypherspace.org
Fri Oct 4 03:02:32 PDT 2013

People frown at Russian suspected political prosecution (eg oligarchs
falling with someone politically powerful and then with coincidental timing
finding themselves incarcerated for probably trumped up financial
irregularity or other charges.)

Here we see it US style.  A judicial inquiry should be heard, he should
receive a pardon and compensation.  This is a horrendous judicial fraud
sanctioned at high levels and carried out by a complicit justice system.
The perpetrators in NSA, government and justice system should receive long
prison sentences.  Otherwise the rule of law in the US has received a big
credibility hit, the only fig leaf is the shaky plausibility of the trumped
up charges.

Unfortunately its not completely impluasible in isolation because wealthy
business people from time to time have committed these exact crimes in
showing poor judgement by backdating options, and insider trading and such
shenanigans despite already being wealthy enough to not have their grand
children work a day in their lives.

But it sure looks suspicious and the political cover story has been blown.
At minimum he should get a judicial review or inquiry and probable
vindication.

Adam