anarchy was : Silk Road founder arrested ...

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Thu Oct 3 17:30:11 PDT 2013

On 2013-10-03 22:48, Lodewijk andré de la porte wrote:
> 2013/10/3 Juan Garofalo <juan.g71 at gmail.com <mailto:juan.g71 at gmail.com>>
>
>     --On Thursday, October 03, 2013 1:12 AM +0200 Lodewijk andré de la
>     porte <l at odewijk.nl <mailto:l at odewijk.nl>> wrote:
>
>         2013/10/2 Juan Garofalo <juan.g71 at gmail.com
>         <mailto:juan.g71 at gmail.com>>
>          I think you need to research the ABC of political theory
>         before saying
>         anything about anarchy. Your belief that anarchy is chaos is
>         as unfounded
>         as it is laughable.
>
>         Anarchy as a word does not mean a thing.
>

>     Right, it doesn't mean one thing, it means *two* different and
>     mutually exclusive things. It is vulgarly used to mean 'chaos',
>     and it's used by advocates of voluntary interactions to describe a
>     social system based on voluntary interactions.
>

> This system fails in the sight of coercion by force. In fact coercion
> of any kind reduces the ideals /i think /you hold it to have.

Anarcho capitalism, anarcho piratism, and feudalism are related systems.

Any actually existent system tends to have elements of all three.

Saga period iceland was primarily anarcho capitalist in icelanders
relationships with each other, and primarily anarcho piratist in their
relations with distant peoples.  They abducted a whole lot of women from
Ireland.

Feudalism with a King who is merely first among equals is anarcho
capitalism in which those privileged to use force have established a
cartel and local monopolies, but not a general monopoly.

Anarcho piratism is anarcho capitalism where the number of people who
are out of law with each other is alarmingly large.