Silk Road founder arrested ...

Lodewijk andré de la porte l at odewijk.nl
Wed Oct 2 13:31:47 PDT 2013

2013/10/2 Ted Smith <tedks at riseup.net>

> But there are people on this list who have been the targets of federal
> investigations, and I feel it's bad taste and contrary to cypherpunk
> culture to be celebratory of them.

If you say anarchy is part of cypherpunkism (if that's a thing) I simply
disagree with you. Truly that idea is shortsighted. Anarchy knows no peace
or focus. There is chaos until there is again order. And chaos, however
pleasing in it's unlimited shape, knows not mercy. Mercy it is that the
masses wish for, usually however it is mercy for their ignorance.

You too, need mercy for you ignorance. As do I.

Proclaiming not to support straight anarchy then what do you support? The
United States of America has, in its founding documents, a guarantee that
the people agree it functions as it should, or rebel to correct it. As it
should is also recorded, including a means of agreeing as a people.

This agreement has led to laws. These laws are executed by a blind
organization. This is as the people have wanted it, and even now permit it
to operate.

Now, I do not want to be part of the USA. This is exceedingly difficult, as
the peoples of the world have allowed it to grow to undeniable and
typically irresistible power.

Now you are saying that those who are willing parts of the USA, have
supported it and not changed it, have failed to adhere to it's laws and
receive the (according to the people of the USA) appropriate treatment. And
you tell me it is unethical to celebrate?

Getting off the high-and-mighty-seat I'd say the guy was a nutcase for
being in America. Completely unnecessary leaking of information about
himself while becoming high profile enough to get scrutiny of the highest
quality. I just can't imagine how he imagined he'd get out underneath it.
He even had the DHS on his footstep and, like everyone else who gets
caught, decided that it was probably no problem (it was just for the ID's!
Right?).

I will not repeat myself upon what I am celebrating.

Juan Garofalo

> I didn't realize I was subscribed to the DEA mailing list...

You can deny as much as you want that most Americans like the DEA's
function, but that won't save you. The masses are against you because
they're stupid. Realize it, asshole. You should understand what's going on
and what is always going on. Either you stay on its good side, or you
better be damn sure you know what it's thinking. That's more than a full
time job. Waiver a moment and you will fail.

Two things are infinite. The universe and the dumb masses. Both might kill
you on a whim, without the ears to hear your reasons nor the will needed to
grow those ears.

Good luck. If they're not after you, you're probably one of them.