Silk Road founder arrested ...

Ted Smith tedks at riseup.net
Wed Oct 2 11:56:56 PDT 2013

I'm subscribed to the cpunks list, there's no need to CC me.

Lots of people do bad things, but especially if those bad things have
already happened and there's nothing we can do about them, it makes more
sense to try to build a better world where people don't do bad things,
than it does to be very angry at the people who do bad things, and to be
happy when other people do bad things to them.

I suppose if you very strongly believe that drugs are bad, you can point
to any drug-related prosecution and say that it functions as an
incentive.

But there are people on this list who have been the targets of federal
investigations, and I feel it's bad taste and contrary to cypherpunk
culture to be celebratory of them.

--
Sent from Ubuntu