Silk Road founder arrested ...

Lodewijk andré de la porte l at odewijk.nl
Wed Oct 2 11:21:39 PDT 2013

On Oct 2, 2013 7:19 PM, "Ted Smith" <tedks at riseup.net> wrote:
> I know on the Internet people aren't terribly good at being people, but
> where I'm from it's considered bad form to celebrate anyone being
> imprisoned. Let's try not to celebrate someone's life being ruined.

I think this is an interesting notion. Yet you misunderstand my apathy for
dislike. I simply don't care for this man. Not at all. I think law is
served the way it should be, although later than it should be. This law the
citizens of America mostly agree with (hard to believe but true
nonetheless) and he will likely be prosecuted fairly.

It's miraculous that this man didn't decide to build up an existence in
Russia or somesuch country, where he'd be safe from such prosecution. Why
he didn't do the ultimate best he could to simply disappear.

Additionally Silk Road has been *the one *example of "bad things with
Bitcoin" so as a news message this is good news for those that own Bitcoin,
and Bitcoins image of legitimacy. This is the fact I am celibrating. The
actual arrest and takedown are sad results of society and the fact that the
owner wasn't hardcore paranoid enough, and I see no reason to celebrate
that.