Studies on user behaviour

Lars Luthman mail at larsluthman.net
Wed Oct 2 07:35:09 PDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-10-02 at 14:37 +0200, Patrik Wallstrom wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I am looking for studies on how user behaviour changes under
> surveillance. I have no insights at all in the social studies academic
> space, so I am very curious if there is any serious work being
> done. Older studies, say from Stasi times and until now are very
> welcome.

Here's a small survey that was done in Germany during their (happily
short) implementation of the data retention directive:

https://www.vorratsdatenspeicherung.de/images/forsa_2008-06-03.pdf

Short English description:

http://www.kreativrauschen.com/blog/2008/06/04/data-retention-effectively-changes-the-behavior-of-citizens-in-germany/

--ll