who are the service operators here?

Joseph Holsten joseph@josephholsten.com
Mon Oct 7 21:55:09 PDT 2013

I'm currently working on both chef cookbooks and dockerfiles for a bunch of old services I used to run in the good old days (pre 2000) of cypherpunks. Boring stuff like qmail, tinydns, pgp keyserver. But I'm dying to know what fancy new services people are operating these days. Any distributed chat ops? Blob/file storage? Remailers? Bitcoin pools?

In another vein, what ops do you think a self-sufficient punk ought to be running? I'm thinking I absolutely need:
- Tor endpoint
- vpn endpoint (openvpn?)
- smtp/imap sever (what's modern?{
- file/blob server (tahoe-lafs, camlistore?)
- jabber server (ejabberd?)

(Yes, my homepage is showing a ruby script. No, I don't have time to fix it in situ. Thus setting up my own servers)
--
~j