ntru-crypto - Open Source NTRU Public Key Cryptography Algorithm and Reference Code

Sean Lynch seanl at literati.org
Sat Nov 30 10:47:02 PST 2013

On Wed, Nov 27 2013, coderman wrote:

> https://github.com/NTRUOpenSourceProject/ntru-crypto

> """
> Security Innovation, Inc., the owner of the NTRU public key
> cryptography system, made the intellectual property and a sample
> implementation available under the Gnu Public License (GPL) in 2013
> with the goal of enabling more widespread adoption of this superior
> cryptographic technology. The system is also available for commercial
> use under the terms of the Security Innovation Commercial License.

Haven't we made the mistake of relying on someone else's IP for crypto
before? I'm looking at you, RSA and IDEA. I have no interest in a
cryptosystem that's owned by someone and that requires me to release my
own software under a particular license to use it. I don't care how
technologically superior it might be.

--
Sean Richard Lynch <seanl at literati.org>
http://www.literati.org/~seanl/