Interesting take on Sanjuro's Assassination Market

Lodewijk andré de la porte l at odewijk.nl
Tue Nov 26 12:47:18 PST 2013

2013/11/26 Sean Lynch <seanl at literati.org>

> On Mon, Nov 25 2013, Jim Bell wrote:

Please don't confuse an assassination market with Bitcoin. Both can exist
without each other. One does not require the other and none is a direct
result of the other. They are extremely complementary.

Regarding general disagreement with Bitcoin: there's really no point
resisting mathematics. And at this point the deflation of Bitcoin is about
as tied to a mathematical certainty as reality ever gets. It's a market
thingy. Early adopters get *huge* advantages. Knowledge presses the price
harder than risk. Anyway.

Having multiple Bitcoins isn't much going to solve your problems. No other
currency will be without it's own flavor of problems. As a rule of thumb:
if the math is sound but it seems illogical, check yourself. If you can't
check the math, don't trust it.

Having multiple cryptocurrencies would be nice. But Ripple for example
sucks in comparison.

Again, this thread is not about bitcoin and cryptocurrencies.

Regarding assassination markets I don't think this particular one isn't too
special. I also think any form of assassination should be communally
prevented. Of course anonymity, which always exists in some form, makes it
impossible. I'm not sure making it as in-your-face as Tor+Bitcoin is doing
it right now is better or worse. Sure is fair when knowledge isn't the
deciding factor.

Bottom line: whatever, I hope it doesn't take off. I like safety and wish
it weren't a marketable good. I'm still not sure how far this extends into
healthcare, but I hope development in the area makes the choice easier
(just take care of them is my preferred answer).

Best regards,
Lewis