bitcoin as a global medium of exchange (was Re: Interesting take on Sanjuro's Assassination Market)

David Vorick david.vorick at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 19:42:24 PST 2013

Yes but it still doesn't compare to the price fluctuations of bitcoin. But
you are right, everything has fluctuation in price. I merely wanted to show
that some thing have a more volatile price than others. The US bond is a
typical financial example of something that doesn't fluctuate dramatically
in price. (And even that still fluctuates, but very gradually by comparison
to stocks & commodities).

So, yes, by tethering a currency to the value of cloud storage you are
still limited by the fluctuations of the value of cloud storage itself. But
at least now you have a concrete way to price your currency, and I think
it's reasonable to assume that the value of cloud storage won't be
decreasing any time soon. (Price per TB may decrease, but we don't tether
the currency to the value of 1 TB, we tether the currency to the value of
$1 worth of disk storage hardware).