bitcoin as a global medium of exchange (was Re: Interesting take on Sanjuro's Assassination Market)

Juan Garofalo juan.g71 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 19:41:56 PST 2013

--On Monday, November 25, 2013 5:50 PM -0800 Sean Lynch
<seanl at literati.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 25 2013, Javier Liendo wrote:
>
>> isn't the real problem with bitcoin becoming a global currency an
>> issue of how to best manage the potential exponential growth in size
>> of the blockchain?
>>
>> i know this is cypherpunks but please explain like i'm five...
>
> Hopefully Moore's Law will save us, but I actually expect that, should
> Bitcoin continue to grow, most payments will be made through payment
> services of some kind, with the actual transactions only used to deposit
> money in your account with the payment service. This is analogous to how
> gold was used once banking became popular.
>
> Should these payment services become full-fledged banks, they could help
> with the deflation problem as well by engaging in fractional reserve
> banking,

	There's no 'deflatation' problem. The bitcoin ponzi scheme, I mean crypto
currency is going up because lots of people are buying.

	so called 'fractional reserve banking' is a non-solution to the
non-problem of deflation. In other words, it's a scam.