Your errors about me in your book.

rysiek rysiek at hackerspace.pl
Tue Nov 19 14:21:10 PST 2013

Dnia wtorek, 19 listopada 2013 13:59:56 Al Billings pisze:
> Why? This seems to be the list for personal spam.

Apparently, however -- and I say it with utmost respect, while being a newbie
here -- not for *your* personal spam.

>From a newbie's perspective: when I joined, I had no idea who Jim Bell is, and
had no idea this list has had such a long and colourful history. While for the
time being I "tl;dr'd" the bulk of the e-mail that has started this thread, I
intend on reading it in full soon-ish, as "those who do not know history are
bound to repeat it".

I now do appreciate the long history behind his e-mail, and regardless of
whether or not I personally am interested in what Jim has to say, I recognize
he has the right to say it. Adding a [HISTORY] or somesuch tag would be a nice
touch, but that's that.

I have no idea what makes a person think they can summarily decide "this is
irrelevant to the list" and insist upon it for so long, after so many

I myself had a "WTF?" moment with Jim's e-mail, but I shrugged my shoulders
and moved to the next e-mail. I don't have to read everything, after all, and
I can operate the "mark as read" functionality of my e-mail client pretty
well.

So, I can understand your "WTF?", Al, but it's really the time to stop beating
this horse. It is dead. It has gone to meet its maker. It ceased to be. If it
hadn't been mailed to the list it would have been pushing up daisies.

This is a dead horse.

--
Pozdr
rysiek