Interesting take on Sanjuro's Assassination Market

Cathal Garvey cathalgarvey at cathalgarvey.me
Thu Nov 28 16:03:03 PST 2013

> That's good, because decent people outnumber sociopaths by a very
> large margin.

But sociopaths tend to have a higher spending power, both because
sociopaths are less inhibited in the pursuit of profit at others'
expense, and because the acquisition of wealth and power is now well
established as a cause of acquired sociopathy.

So, sure. Plenty of nice people without the money to outbid awful
people. Pretty much what we have today; an oligarchy of wealthy
murderers without significant barrier. It's OK! The Market will fix
this!