[Cryptography][Law] Jeremy Hammond Banned from using Cryptography

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Fri Nov 15 22:12:57 PST 2013

> The only exception in the sentence is his use of encryption as required
> by employment. But it's hard enough for ex-felons to find a job after
> getting released as it is...

I would hire him in a flat second and I would encourage others to do the
same.

Jeremy has a good heart and a great mind - I hope that after TEN YEARS
IN PRISON for breeching a WEBSITE and EMAIL SERVER that people will
consider his time served and help him to re-enter society.

This sentence is so disproportionate and unjust, it is sickening, it is
revolting and it is infuriating.

With contempt and disgust for this show at the US Court system today,
Jacob