[Cryptography][Law] Jeremy Hammond Banned from using Cryptography

Dan Staples danstaples at disman.tl
Fri Nov 15 17:40:22 PST 2013

It's even more absurd considering the inevitable progress of technology
over the next 10 years of Hammond's sentence. If we do our jobs right,
everything will be using encryption by then. This could have the effect
of simply barring him from using any sort of communicative digital
technology...making many everyday tasks impossible.

The only exception in the sentence is his use of encryption as required
by employment. But it's hard enough for ex-felons to find a job after
getting released as it is...

--
http://disman.tl
OpenPGP key: http://disman.tl/pgp.asc