Denial of Disservice Attack [was: Jeremy Hammond Banned from using Cryptography]

coderman coderman@gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 18:57:48 PST 2013

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 11:31 AM, Jim Bell <jamesdbell8@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>Jim Bell's exhortations to deny all pleas a hard sell considering that
>>one in four rolls over completely under pressure. :/
>
> For 70,000 Federal criminal defendants per year, there are only about 3,500
> Federal criminal trials per year.  In other words, ultimately 95% 'rolls
> over'.  (Note:  That doesn't mean that they necessarily 'rat':  Many
> defendants have no co-defendants, for example.  And, a defendant might
> accept a plea, without agreement to testify against someone else.)  With my
> idea of "Denial of Disservice Attack" (Offer of circa $5,000 to demand a
> jury trial), I'm trying to avoid that situation.

agreed; i should have said "turned rat fuck" instead of "rolled over
completely".

accepting a plea more apropos "rolling over"...

on a related note, how deep can the court queue grow before it becomes
untenable and denies prosecutions?   the recent civil court delays
appear to be trivial despite cries of dire circumstance...[0]

0.  "For Federal Courts, Shutdown Caused Broad Disruptions"
[ED: for generous interpretation of "broad disruption"]
   http://news.uscourts.gov/federal-courts-shutdown-caused-broad-disruptions
[ED2: more comedy, e.g. 'after 17 days delay, “the general impression
was that federal courts were on their last breath,”' - LULZ]