Dark Mail Alliance for end-to-end private and secure email

rysiek rysiek@hackerspace.pl
Fri Nov 1 08:50:43 PDT 2013

Dnia czwartek, 31 października 2013 10:09:33 Fabio Pietrosanti pisze:
> Il 10/31/13 9:50 AM, coderman ha scritto:
> > darkmail.info: "end-to-end encrypted protocol and architecture ...
> > [for] private and secure email", presumably a white paper is
> > forthcoming. initial release anticipated in 2014.
>
> The best tweet i saw about this initiative:
> "Guess which crypto company actually showed its brand new encrypted
> email spec to journalists before other cryptographers? One guess."

As if journalists were cryptographers. ;)

> I think that we should consider to update the so called Snake Oil
> Encryption mis-practices by carefully considering how the "Crypto
> Practices" can be abused for marketing stunt purposes, while effectively
> focusing in deploying a wallet garden.

Yes, yes indeed. MailPile's Smari McCarthy said it best:
http://www.mailpile.is/blog/2013-10-31_DarkMail_and_Secure_Protocols.html

"The short answer is: until DarkMail is an open standard, we can't really
 comment on what it means to Mailpile."

--
Pozdr
rysiek