[DIYbio] Science research papers require viewing Adverts, no-thanks to Science/AAAS

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Sun Jul 21 21:06:28 PDT 2013

> >> I would like to register my distaste for seeing advertisements within
> >> research publications aka journal articles.  Science/AAAS (Sciencemag.org)
> >> is one major offender noticed so far.

I haven't read the AAAS's Science magazine in decades, but my father
subscribed to the dead-tree version when I was a kid, and it's had
ads as long as I can remember.  Most of them were for university
jobs, and I can't remember whether other ads were in Science or in
Chemical&Engineering News (an industry rag where ads wouldn't have
been surprising; I suspect most of the ads for laboratory glassware
were in C&EN.)