Python Random Number Generator for OTP

Lance Cottrell loki at obscura.com
Tue Jul 30 10:57:51 PDT 2013

It is easy to be a central source for randomness. The problem is that, for crypto, you want secret and private randomness.
Whether it is reasonable to use randomness from an outside source to supplement the entropy on your own system depends on your threat model.

If you absolutely require true randomness, and you are entropy constrained on the local device, and you are not concerned about compromise of the entropy server or the path between you and that server, then this might make sense.

Lots of "ifs".

	-Lance

--
Lance Cottrell