Gnu PG is more Safe ?

Anthony Papillion papillion at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 19:24:50 PDT 2013

On Jul 23, 2013, at 9:01 PM, oxopz7 at riseup.net wrote:

> Hello everybody!
>
> I hope all are fine, and doing well!
>
> I'm good member :) I hope you will accept me!

Welcome to the list! It's good to see so many new members coming on
board. I'm new myself.

> I like to ask about GNU PG, if is more safe than other kind of
> software!
> that talks about Crypto ?

Because GnuPG is open source, it's been extensively peer reviewed and
found safe and secure.  That doesn't mean it's perfect and has no
errors. But they are much less likely to exist in GnuPG than in some
other solutions; particularly proprietary ones.

> I like to ask also about good resources in Crypto, specially about
> SSL/TLS?

One of the best ways to learn about tech topics is reading RFC's. The
entire way SSL/TLS operates is detailed in an RFC. Read I'd and you
will be infinately more informed.

Unfortunately, I can't really recommend any good crypto list because
I've not found many. To learn about FnuPG and practice, you might want
to look at the PGPNET list. Another of interest might be Cryptography.

Regards and Welcome!
Anthony