MOAR perl for make benefit SnR! + don't feed trolls

Samuel Carlisle samuelcarlisle@gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 14:08:31 PDT 2013

As one of what I hope is a large new generation / wave of
cypherpunks...first off, thanks so much for putting the list back up.

I look forward to being able to connect back with the original
movement, to share perspectives and to tap into the collective
knowledge and wisdom that you have accumulated in your community.

I really hope there is a lot of exchange and that you can gently guide
and support fledgling initiatives like Cryptoparty (of which I am a
part) and that we can collaborate to extend the great work that was
started by hackers in this community.

re: disruptive cruft... the kids nowadays know, instinctively, "never
feed trolls"
http://memeblender.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/troll-face-meme-do-not-feed-the-trolls.jpg

I'd take it as a compliment that someone is on a payroll to try and
disrupt your comms ;)

In hope of seeing through the noise to the signal, I look forward to
reading and contributing to what is discussed here.

~samthetechie

Karel BĂ­lek <kb at karelbilek.com> wrote:
> Aaaaaand now is the time to unsubscribe from this mailing list.
>
> On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 8:58 PM, Lorenz Szabo <lorenzszabo at
> rocketmail.com> wrote:
>> The Muslim Problem

Oof. Easy to appreciate Karel's notion here. It would appear someone
kept the dogwhistles warm wihle the list was on hiatus.

I propose we instead ponder just how short a perl script it would
take to automatically transform random selections from a library of
early 20th-century anti-miscegenation and anti-suffrage "literature"
into the newest us-vs-them flavor of the month drivel.

- -=rsw

- --
Samuel Carlisle BEng (Hons) Dunelm MIET
pgp: 0x54828CAA
fingerprint: 9E01 D8A4 CFEB ED72 B0D2 70D7 1D57 A297 5482 8CAA
twitter: @samthetechie