Jacob Appelbaum in Germany

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Tue Dec 31 14:54:52 PST 2013

"James A. Donald"

On 2014-01-01 07:52, Juan Garofalo wrote:
> 	The hell do you mean?

I mean Bill Ayers, Ghandi, Thoreau. We have to obey their laws, but they
do not have to obey their own laws.

Bill Ayers bombs the Pentagon, comes up smelling of roses.  You bomb the
Pentagon, you will not.

Just look at the smirk on Schwartz's face.  Obviously he never expected
to be punished.  He committed suicide not because a year in a country
club prison was terribly harsh punishment, but because it was revealed
he was not above the law after all.

If anyone in the world was prepared to suffer for his beliefs, that
person was not Aaron Schwartz.

> As to Swartz he didn't commit any real crime so he never was, or pretended
> to be, 'above the law'.

Accessing someone else's computers without permission to obtain the
information therein is trespass.  The powerful trespass against the less
powerful.  He had mistaken ideas about how powerful he was.