[cryptography] The next gen P2P secure email solution

danimoth danimoth at cryptolab.net
Tue Dec 24 02:09:11 PST 2013

On 24/12/13 at 04:20am, grarpamp wrote:
> This thread pertains specifically to the use of P2P/DHT models
> to replace traditional email as we know it today. There was
> a former similarly named thread on this that diverged... from the
> concept and challenge of P2P/DHT handling the transport and
> lookups... back to more traditional models. This thread does not
> care about those antique models, please do not take it there.

A problem which could rise is the 'incentive' for peers to continuosly
providing bandwidth and disk space to store messages. I'm a simple dude,
with a mailflow of ~5 email per day. Why I should work for you, with
your ~10000 mail per day for all your mailing list?

Somewhere on this list (or p2p-hackers?) there was a post of mine,
regardings an economic incentive between peers, which could be a
solution, but as always technical problems arose, like pricing the
services and a fair exchange between peers.