FYI

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Sat Dec 21 20:00:38 PST 2013

On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 7:45 PM,  <shelley at misanthropia.info> wrote:
> http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/docs/quantuminsert-malware-loader.pdf

> Mind giving a brief description of what it is next time?  I don't make a
> habit of downloading pdfs blindly from .gov sites (especially that one)

you say this like it's different from anything else you might request *grin*

> If it's the NSA review group report, it can also be found at Cryptome:
>  http://cryptome.org/2013/12/obama-nsa-report.pdf

indeed.  though this does bring up another question:
 i wonder if JYA will ever give in and support httpS?
... it would at least avoid trivial plaintext observation.

last but not least:
opsec tip#3164107562: you should assume everything remote and
retrieved is malicious.  grab in a throw away Qubes browser. convert
in a throw away parse and translate VM, then finally read and/or save
to a limited view VM using an open, trusted format.