request for transcript: Bruce Schneier and Eben Moglen discuss a post-Snowden Internet

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Fri Dec 20 13:24:18 PST 2013

At 12:17 AM 12/16/2013, Jim Bell wrote:
>Thanks for reminding me.  Did the list ever find out who Detweiler
>was?  Sorry for asking, but I've been .... away.

Detweiler really was just this guy (though I seem to remember some
discussion about him being a twin, which could account for a bit of
his obsession with identity.)  We did once have a guy show up at a
Bay Area Cypherpunks meeting who introduced himself as "Lawrence from
Boulder".  I thought that was amusing but didn't say anything; he
left midway through, and after the meeting Eric Hughes suddenly
noticed "Hey, wait a minute!  Lawrence from Boulder?!?!?"