Android IMSI Catcher detection

Matej Kovacic matej.kovacic at owca.info
Mon Dec 9 12:59:17 PST 2013

Hi,

> it doesn't "function" yet, period.  *grin*
>
> i leave it as an exercise for the reader to implement A0 detection on Android...
Unfortunaltely I have no idea how to implement detection of A5/x
ciphering used or detection of silent SMS'es on Android. However, it is
very simple on Osmocom platform.

Anyway, IMSI Catcher detection project needs developers.

P. S. A little more info about GSM hacking is here:
http://matej.owca.info/predavanja/GSM_security_2012.pdf
We also have some nice videos showing identity theft in GSM network... :-))

I have also found out how to completely fake traffic data (data
retention anyone :-)) ) and even how to insert arbitrary voice recording
into eavesdropping database (in case police is eavesdropping to some
mobile phone). Nice to know how "strong" could be computer generated
evidence...

Regards,

M.